BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Mince together the parsley and garlic until quite fine (a small food processor will work for this). Add a big pinch of salt and some pepper and enough olive oil to make a slurry. Smear this on and into the lamb, being sure to get it into every nook and cranny you can reach. Put the lamb in a roasting pan (you can line the pan with foil to facilitate cleanup if you like).
- Roast for about 1 1/2 hours, basting with the pan juices every 30 minutes or so. When the internal temperature reaches 140°F, turn the heat to 400°F and roast for about 10 minutes more, or until the internal temperature is 150°F and the exterior has browned nicely.
- Let the roast sit for about 10 minutes before carving, then carve and serve, with some of the juices that come out during carving.
GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER PROVENCALE
wonderfull for a summer BBQ! inexpensive, entertaining on a budget, superb taste with rosemary, thyme and basil! from Canadian Living mag.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- With a sharp knife, slice horizontally through lamb, stopping about 1 inch from opposite edge.
- Open meat like a book, flatten with flat of knife.
- Trim membrane and any excess fat.
- Place lamb in heavy plastic bag and set in shallow dish.
- Marinade: In bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, wine, onion, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour over lamb in plastic bag, press air out of bag and secure with twist tie.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove lamb from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook lamb flat on lightly greased grill over hot coals or on high setting, turning once and basting often with reserved marinade, for about 20 minutes or until desired doneness.
- To serve, slice lamb across the grain into 1/2 inch thick slices.
ROAST LAMB SHOULDER WITH SPRING VEGETABLES
Here is a simple and gorgeous main dish that both celebrates spring and tastes like it. The perfect meal for a long, lazy afternoon or a Sunday evening. Boneless shoulder of lamb is ideal because you can smear the interior with garlic and mint. Favas, peas, asparagus and artichokes sparkle alongside.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season lamb inside and out with salt and pepper. Smear interior with garlic paste and 3 tablespoons chopped mint. Press meat together in a long oval shape, then tie securely with butcher's twine. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and massage evenly over roast. Leave at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate for up to several hours, even overnight. (If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before proceeding.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. An hour or so before you plan to eat, put lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and cook for about 40 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer registers 125 degrees for medium rare. Let meat rest for at least 20 minutes (up to 45 minutes is fine) before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cook carrots in simmering salted water until just done, 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse in cold water to cool, then drain and reserve.
- In a wide, deep skillet with a lid, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and artichoke, if using, and season with salt and pepper. Let sizzle and color a bit, then reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes, until onion and artichoke are softened. Stir in garlic. (You may prepare onions and artichoke up to this point in advance.) Turn off heat.
- About 5 minutes before serving, set heat under skillet to medium-high. Add fava beans, asparagus, carrots and snow peas. Season well with salt and stir gently to mix, then add 1/2 cup water and put on lid. Let cook for about 4 minutes more, until vegetables are done.
- Slice lamb and arrange on a large platter. Spoon vegetables around meat, sprinkle with parsley and remaining tablespoon of chopped mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 194, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 502 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams
OVEN-ROASTED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB
I purchased a leg of lamb roast from the store recently but had no idea on how I'd cook it. After reading ideas here on Allrecipes, I came up with my own marinade. While I made this in a conventional oven, it could also be made in a slow cooker on the slow setting for 7 to 8 hours time). Hope it's a hit! There was enough marinade left that I threw it over some chicken tenders for tomorrow's dinner.
Provided by Robertjm
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, mint, oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate marinade at least 1 hour.
- Pierce lamb in multiple places evenly over the lamb; place into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Pour marinade over the lamb, squeeze excess air from the bag, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Prepare a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Remove lamb from marinade; shake to remove excess liquid. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; discard remainder.
- Place lamb in the middle of the prepared roasting pan.
- Combine potatoes and carrots in a large bowl. Pour vegetable oil and reserved marinade over the vegetables; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around the lamb. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast lamb in preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), about 80 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking until firm and meat is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 10 more minutes. Rest lamb 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.9 calories, Carbohydrate 23.6 g, Cholesterol 69.1 mg, Fat 42.1 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 178.4 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
People also searched
More about "boneless lamb shoulder roast food"
PERFECT LAMB SHOULDER ROAST - BONELESS IN THE OVEN - …
Ratings 16Calories 274 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
ROASTED SHOULDER OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
3.3/5 (3)Author Gill BarlowServings 6Category Main-Dish
SLOW COOKED LAMB SHOULDER - RECIPETIN EATS
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PASSOVER BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPES? – CHICAGOJEWISHNEWS.COM
COOKING LAMB SHOULDER - SERIOUS EATS
SLOW ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER - THE DINNER BITE
FAILPROOF ROAST LAMB SHOULDER - GREEN HEALTHY COOKING
TRADITIONAL LAMB SHOULDER ROAST RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LAMB BONELESS SHOULDER ROAST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER ROAST WITH CRUSHED KIPFLERS RECIPE ...
LAMB SHOULDER ROAST BONELESS - CAPRA FOODS
32 BEST BONELESS LAMB SHOULDER RECIPE IDEAS | ROAST ...
BONELESS SHOULDER ROASTS – LAMB RECIPES
LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES - BBC FOOD
ROAST LAMB SHOULDER BONELESS | WOOLWORTHS
17 LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER AND HOMEMADE MINT SAUCE - BBC FOOD
SUCCULENT GREEK LAMB SHOULDER ROAST WITH LEMON POTATOES
BEEF NECK BONELESS - THERESCIPES.INFO
STEP-BY-STEP BONELESS LEG OF LAMB ROAST RECIPE - IFOODREAL.COM
JAMIE OLIVER’S SLOW-ROASTED LAMB SHOULDER | THE STAR
LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a boneless lamb shoulder?Preheat oven to 180C. To roast the boneless lamb shoulder, place oil, spices, garlic with herbs in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add lamb and using your hands, rub well to coat. Transfer lamb to a large roasting pan with a roasting rack. Pour any excess marinade left in bowl over the lamb and season liberally with salt and pepper.
How to cook perfect boneless leg of lamb roast every time?How to cook perfect Boneless Leg of Lamb Roast every time. Herb crusted and garlic stuffed, this is easy roast lamb anyone can make! In a medium roasting pan or Dutch oven, place boneless leg of lamb roast and make 20-30 inserts with a paring knife. Stick garlic slice into each opening until you run out of garlic. Rub roast with oil all around.
How long to cook a lamb shoulder roast in oven?Directions. In a large roasting pan, toss potatoes with remaining olive oil and season with more salt and pepper. Place lamb on top of potatoes and roast until the internal temperature is 145º, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let rest, then slice and serve.
What to eat with lamb shoulder?Lamb shoulder is traditionally prepared with Greek lemon potatoes (in the same pan) or with separately cooked orzo or roasted vegetables in tomato sauce ( giouvetzi ). When potatoes are simultaneously cooked with it they absorb all the juices dripping from the meat.