SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack, or after-school treat. This cookie-which is made in the soft and chewy style-gives you both the nostalgia of childhood bake sales and the satisfying, grown-up flavors of dark chocolate. After just three steps and a quick bake in the oven, the only thing you'll need is a glass of cold milk or frothy coffee.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the upper and lower third positions. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon measure, drop heaping portions of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, large eggs, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking powder, chocolate chips
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter, until evenly combined and light in color.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking powder, folding the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop 6 balls of dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then serve!
- To save cookie dough for later use, scoop the dough into balls and place them side-by-side on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Wrap the tray with cling wrap, then freeze for up to one month.
- To bake the frozen dough balls, remove desired number from the tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Carbohydrate 48 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 27 grams
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
I modified Beatrice's Excellent Oatmeal cookies very slightly. I came up with something that my boyfriend went CRAZY over! I've never seen him enjoy cookies to that extent! He said I blew his mother's recipe away.
Provided by PANTHERA
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 107.2 mg, Sugar 9.8 g
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
We skipped the white sugar and went all in with dark brown sugar, which gives our cookies the ideal chewiness and perfect level of sweetness. Paired with the right amount of semisweet chocolate chips, this treat is a definite winner. The recipe makes a lot of cookies, but in our opinion, this is never a problem!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 3 1/2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. (Use the paddle attachment for a stand mixer.) Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 1-ounce ice cream scoop to scoop half the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Chill the remaining dough while you bake the first batch.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cool the baking sheets completely, then line with parchment paper and repeat the scooping and baking process with the remaining dough.
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. And that's it! With these little tweaks, the result is a cookie that's textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Absolutely perfect!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
BEST BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 110.7 mg, Sugar 27.7 g
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Everyone has a favorite type of chocolate chip cookie-a little crispy, a little chewy-but they all have to begin with a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is the best place to start! -Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips., Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 115mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Enjoy these chewy chocolate chip cookies with a cup of tea. If you have time, leave the dough overnight for the best flavour and texture
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the butter and sugar together using an electric whisk or hand whisk until very light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Fold in the flour, baking powder, chocolate and ¼ tsp salt as quickly as you can. Don't overwork the dough as this will toughen the cookies.
- For the best flavour, leave the mixture overnight: either cover the bowl and chill, or roll the mixture into balls and chill.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking sheets with parchment. Divide the mixture into balls, the craggier the balls, the rougher the cookies will look. If you want to give the dough more texture, tear the balls in half and squidge them lightly back together. Space out evenly on the baking sheets, leaving enough space between each to allow for spreading.
- Bake the fresh cookies for 8-10 mins and the chilled ones for 10-12 mins, or until browned and a little crisp at the edges but still very soft in the middle - they will harden a little as they cool. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before eating warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Will keep for three days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
This cookie recipe-a favorite of our four children-has been in my collection for years. Sometimes I'll substitute mint-flavored chips for the semisweet chocolate chips. Either way, the chocolate cookies disappear quickly. This is one of our favorite easy chocolate chip cookie recipes. -Sheri Ziesemer, Olympia, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips., Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 82mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
People also searched
More about "the best chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe by tasty food"
ULTIMATE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
Reviews 3Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 27 mins
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add one egg at a time, mixing in between. Then stir in vanilla to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in thirds mixing between each addition until they are combined. An electric mixer with a paddle attachment makes this easiest!
- Mix the chocolate chips in by hand until they are evenly distributed. Scoop heaping rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, evenly spaced, about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350˚F for 9-11 minutes or until the center of the cookie is just set. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire cooking rack.
30 MINUTE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 170 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, remembering to scrape the sides.
- If you are using an electric mixer, let your butter soften on the counter for at least a few minutes. (Or live dangerously and put it in the microwave for one minute on power level ONE.
- I do this all the time. Who remembers to soften butter?? Not this girl.)Once your butter is creamy, add the brown sugar and white sugar.
CHEWY DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (66)Total Time 28 minsCategory Drop CookiesCalories 84 per serving
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, both sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN CANADA
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (TASTY'S RECIPE ...
Author Elii GeehViews 134K
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - TWO KOOKS IN THE KITCHEN
5/5 (4)Total Time 27 minsCuisine Dessert, SnackCalories 159 per serving
- COMBINE AND MELT: In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugars. Remove from heat and stir until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Let cool on stove or put in fridge to cool for 5 minutes.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS: Use a wooden spoon to fold in flour, salt and baking soda just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips/chunks - make sure mixture is cool first so chocolate doesn't melt - I use my hands to distribute chocolate chips evenly.
- CHILL DOUGH: Wrap dough in plastic to firm it up in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. To bring out the toffee flavor more, chill dough for 24-36 hours. (NOTE: cookies can be baked without chilling if you're in a rush, but they may spread more in the oven and flavor will not be as deep).
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE WINDY CITY ...
5/5 (15)Servings 24Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Combine sugar and molasses in a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer on medium speed, mixing until molasses is completely incorporated. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar/molasses mixture on medium speed in a stand mixer for 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl in between each addition.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (18)Total Time 17 minsCategory Drop CookiesCalories 101 per serving
CHEWY CHOCOLATE-CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 48Calories 71 per serving
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes).
- Beat egg whites until foamy using clean, dry beaters. Gradually add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat until soft peaks form. Add corn syrup; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold brown sugar mixture into egg white mixture. Add flour mixture; stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by level tablespoons 1 inch apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pans, and cool on wire racks. Store loosely covered.
BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - THE CREATIVE BITE
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 20 minsServings 36Calories 154 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and refrigerate the dough until you are ready to use it. (Up to 24 hours.)
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies out onto a greased or lined cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
5/5 (399)Category Dessert
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally, whisk in the vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft, yet thick. Fold in the chocolate chunks. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to combine them. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or up to 3-4 days. Chilling is mandatory. I highly recommend chilling the cookie dough overnight for less spreading. (Some readers have asked if it’s possible to roll into balls and then chill, but I don’t recommend it. The cookie dough is quite sticky and loose to section into balls before chilling.)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
Category DessertCalories 183 per serving
FREAKIN' GOOD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | THE FRESH COOKY
Reviews 115Calories 168 per servingCategory Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350-375°F. In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream softened butter in mixer, 2-3 minutes on medium-high until light and fluffy, scrape down edges of bowl.
- Add cane sugar and brown sugar, beating on medium-high for 2-4 minutes, scraping down sides about half way between. (Beat 4 minutes if using natural cane sugar). Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, cream on medium-high 1 minute for each egg addition, scrape down sides in between. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt whisking until combined. With mixer on low/stir, slowly pour in ½ cup of flour mixture at a time, mixing on low until just combined. Add water (high altitude only) in between flour additions, don’t over mix. Add chocolate chips, minis and chunks, stir (with low on mixer or by hand) on low, until just combined.
- Scoop into dough balls using a 2-tablespoon scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Place in fridge 10 minutes prior to baking, bake 8-10 minutes until just set and slightly golden. Cool on pan 2-3 minutes and then remove to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy warm or room temp.
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BUZZFEED
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – RNY RECIPES
BA'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | WHOLESOME PATISSERIE
MILK.ORG | THE BEST QUICK & EASY CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
You'll also love