WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA
This was actually my mom's recipe, but to this day, I haven't had lasagna that has been able to match this one. We very rarely had leftovers when she made this. But, if you do get leftovers, it's even better the next day after reheating. This particular recipe calls for cottage cheese, but you can certainly use the same amount of ricotta cheese if you like. But, I will tell you, once you taste it, you won't even tell it's cottage cheese that you're eating. My mom just always used it because it's healthier, at least that what she says, but I like it better anyway because it doesn't have that "dry" texture ricotta has. But it's up to you. Also, if you have a little extra mozzarella cheese, you can add some of that to the top after you remove the foil and before putting it back in the oven, if you wish. I hope you enjoy it!!
Provided by Chef Mom NC
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beef and sauce in sauce pan. Put just enough water in sauce jar to rinse sides, shake it up, then add it to sauce. Mix and let simmer.
- While sauce simmers, combine all 3 cheeses, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste in large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In 13x9" casserole/baking dish, lay down thin layer of sauce on bottom, just enough to cover so noodles don't stick.
- Lay down first layer of UNCOOKED noodles, then a layer of sauce, then 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Follow with another layer of noodles, sauce, rest of cheese mixture, another layer of noodles, then finish with the rest of the sauce on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA
This recipe may take a bit more time and have more ingredients that other lasagna recipes but it's all worth it when you taste end result. Courtesy of John Chandler.
Provided by dojemi
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
- Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce.
- Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
WORLD'S BEST 6-CHEESE LASAGNA
- in a medium saucepan combine whipping cream, butter or margarine, and grated parmesan cheese. cook over medium low heat until smooth. remove from heat. sauce will thicken upon standing.
- preheat your oven to 425°F.
- cook lasagna noodles as directed, run through cool water, set aside.
- in a large baking pan, spread a small amount of spaghetti sauce on the bottom and cover with the first layer of lasagna noodles.
- beat an egg into the ricotta cheese to make it easier to spread, and spread a thin layer over the noodles.
- sprinkle a 3rd of the feta cheese over the ricotta, slice the mozzarella and use half to cover, sprinkle with a 3rd of both fontina and asiago.
- add the next layer of noodles.
- pour half of the alfredo sauce on top of the noodles. it does not matter if the sauce hasn't thickened, it will be easier to spread and it will thicken in the oven.
- sprinkle a 3rd of feta cheese, a 3rd of fontina, and a 3rd of asiago over the alfredo sauce.
- add the next layer of noodles.
- pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top layer, use about 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce or tomatoes as well to cover.
- add the remaining feta, fontinella, and asiago cheeses. slice the last half of the mozzarella and place on top to cover. sprinkle with remaining cheeses, basil and red pepper flakes.
- loosely cover with foil and bake for thirty minutes. remove foil and cook until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
People also searched
More about "worlds best lasagna food"
THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 13Difficulty Intermediate
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA - BENS MODIFIED RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (22)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsCategory < 4 HoursCalories 313 per serving
- In a large sauce pan, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned.
- Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon red crushed pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley.
HOW TO MAKE NO RECIPE LASAGNA - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
THE WORLD’S BEST LASAGNA | LOWCOUNTRY WEEKLY
BEST GROUND TURKEY LASAGNA RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
FOOD AND COOK : WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA | WORLDS BEST LASAGNA, …
THE WORLD’S BEST HOMEMADE LASAGNA RECIPE - CUPCAKES & KALE …
WORLD’S BEST LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA - FOOD RECIPES
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA - FOOD SWIZZLE
LASAGNA. THE BEST IN THE WORLD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPE (VIDEO) - FOODTASIA
36 REAL FOOD WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA IDEAS | FOOD, COOKING RECIPES, …
ABSOLUTE BEST EVER LASAGNA RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
WHAT IS THE BEST SAUCE TO USE FOR A LASAGNA RECIPE?
WORLD’S BEST LASAGNA - YUMMY COFFEE AND FOOD
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA | RECIPE IN 2022 | FOOD, RECIPES, HOMEMADE …
THE BEST HOMEMADE LASAGNA RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) - PINTEREST
WORLD’S BEST LASAGNA - COMPLETE COMFORT FOODS
You'll also love